What is Bilingual Homeschooling, and how our bilingual homeschool works, so you can learn about it | HomeSchoolToGo

 



Latinos and people who speak Spanish have been Bilingual Homeschooling more and moreover the last decade. Many families enjoy the freedom and flexibility that Bilingual Homeschooling gives them, and many bilingual families find that they can better support their children's other language when they do it this way.

In Spanish and English, you can home school.


It's likely that you're Bilingual Homeschooling your kids if they're bilingual. Bilingual Homeschooling in Spanish even if your kids go to a school that only speaks English isn't always easy, but there are a lot of resources that can help you do it well. Find below, a bilingual Bilingual Homeschooling plan from a family who homeschools in both English and Spanish, as well as how they do it.

I should have been able to speak more than one language.

Because I should have been a bilingual person, but I wasn't, I have a strong desire to raise bilingual kids. Fourth-generation: I'm from Mexico and I'm from the United States of America. The first language that my mom learned was Spanish. She lost it when she started going to school. It was something she learned again in High School, but she didn't want to speak it, so she didn't teach us.




As soon as I was able, I started learning Spanish. In my school, 8th grade was the best time to start. I haven't really stopped. Initially, I wanted to marry a Latino, but I fell in love with a German instead.

Because we want to teach our kids at home.

It has been a long journey, but now we are Bilingual Homeschooling our kids. There are a lot of good things about Bilingual Homeschooling, like being in charge of their education and having museums to yourself on a Tuesday afternoon in January. It's great that we can take days off when my husband is off because he works a different kind of job than most. However, the main thing that drives us is Spanish.

Only I speak Spanish to my kids on a regular basis, and I knew that putting my son in public school would make English take over like it did with my mom. When we lived in the small town where we did, there were no dual-language programs, so that was out of the question. In the past five years, I had worked very hard to teach him Spanish. I didn't want to just give up and give up. In the end, my husband and I decided to homeschool our kids.

The way we homeschool in both Spanish and English

In the beginning, it was hard. I thought I'd just show all the information in both languages. For both me and the kids, this meant that there was a lot more to do. Most days at the start of our family's new life were filled with tears. I started looking into the best ways to learn two languages at the same time, and I looked for resources in Spanish on the internet.

A lot of trial and error has helped us find a good rhythm that works for everyone. We've been together for three years now. A big part of this journey has been realizing that I can't do everything I want to do.

How much time and effort did I have each week to learn new words? I have to learn new words every week because I'm Bilingual Homeschooling in my second language.

Backgrounds for Bilingual Homeschooling

This is a subject that has been hard for me to keep up with in Spanish. There are just too many names, dates, and words in my second language for me to remember. Then, we read all of the history books in English.



As a parent, you are also Bilingual Homeschooling your kids if you are raising bilingual kids.

People who raise bilingual kids are Bilingual Homeschooling them as well, but they don't know it. You think about things like how to help a child learn a different language. How to make sure they learn to read the language they don't speak. When they go to the zoo or a museum, how can they use their own language?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holistic Homeschooling is a Viable Educational Option | HomeschoolToGo

The Benefits of Custom CBD Oil Packaging | SirePrinting

Holistic homeschooling and home education